Tuesday, May 28, 2024
HomeOther'sHealthDoctors save a 2-year-old kid who swallowed TV remote battery

Doctors save a 2-year-old kid who swallowed TV remote battery

Doctors at a private hospital in the capital city outskirts after a careful medical intervention successfully took out a battery and saved the life of a two-year-old boy.

Speaking to Media, gastroenterologist Jayakumar from the NIMS Hospital here, said it was because of the timely intervention that they were able to remove the battery from the stomach through endoscopy.

“The child, Rishikesh, was brought here after his parents first took him to a local hospital near their house. When we heard what happened, we immediately alerted the operation theatre and gave anesthesia to the kid.

Also Read: AIIMS doctors save a patient who swallowed 20cm knife

In about 20 minutes the battery was taken out of his stomach. Had it got deposited elsewhere, then things would have become very difficult.

“The kid is now hale and hearty,” said Jayakumar, who was assisted by his team which included Nihar.

The five-centimeter-long and one-and-a-half-centimeter-wide battery used in a TV remote was swallowed by the child while playing with it.

Earlies in a similar case doctors at AIIMS, New Delhi performed an operation and saved a man. The patient was brought in after he had swallowed a whole 20 cm knife. The object had penetrated his liver and was lodged in there.

The first-of-its-kind surgery was commenced when a man presented at Safdar Jung hospital regarding pain in his abdomen and anorexia. A month and a half back, the man had reportedly swallowed a knife and yet went on with his normal life. When he developed the pain, he was shifted to the hospital.



(This story has been sourced from a third-party syndicated feed, agencies. Raavi Media accepts no responsibility or liability for the dependability, trustworthiness, reliability, and data of the text.  Raavi Media management/ythisnews.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content at its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.)