Friday, June 14, 2024
HomeHyderabadGoshamahal Under Police Vigilance Following Raja Singh's Arrest

Goshamahal Under Police Vigilance Following Raja Singh’s Arrest

As a precaution against trouble, the police have tightened security in the west and south zones (which include the Old City). This follows Raja Singh’s arrest on August 25 in Goshamahal.

For his derogatory remarks about Prophet Muhammad, he was detained under the Preventive Detention Act and sent to Cherlapally prison.

Temples in the west and south zones of the city have also been patrolled by police. Goshamahal constituency, the MLA’s office, and the MLA’s home all fall within the west zone. In Tappa Chabutra, Kulsumpura, Mangalhat, Begum Bazar, etc., additional security measures have been taken. After Raja Singh’s arrest, supporters protested a day earlier.

Mangalhat, in the west zone, has more Rapid Action Force and other security personnel than the Old City. After Friday prayers, Muslims usually protest outside the historic Mecca Masjid.

Raja Singh’s arrest, however, likely means that nothing major will happen. AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi called for peace on Thursday as well.

In the Goshamahal police division, there is a concentration of more policemen. Raja Singh’s supporters might protest in the same way Muslims did after Raja Singh made the remarks, police suspect.

There had been large protests in the Old City and against Raja Singh Shalibanda two days ago, on August 24. After 7 pm, they came out despite police warnings to stay inside. More than 100 people were detained, while many others were severely beaten by police. On Friday, the protestors were released.

ALSO READ: Owaisi appeals for peace during Friday prayers

On August 23, Raja Singh released a video in which he made derogatory remarks about Prophet Muhammad. It was in retaliation for comedian Munawar Faruqui being allowed to perform in Hyderabad on August 20.

On the 22nd at night, the BJP MLA released the video, which soon sparked protests. Despite protesting on the 23rd, he was granted bail on a technicality. The protests in the Old City intensified two days ago, on August 24. Shalibanda had become a major hub.

Various protests erupted in the city and other parts of Telangana, according to the Hyderabad police. According to a police press release, Raja Singh “drove a wedge between communities and disturbed Hyderabad’s peaceful nature”.



(This story has been sourced from a third-party syndicated feed, agencies. Raavi Media accepts no responsibility or liability for the text’s dependability, trustworthiness, reliability, and data. Raavi Media management/ reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content at its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.)