Thursday, November 26, 2020
Home Crime Hathras: CBI Arrives at Boolgarhi, to Talk with Casualty's Family and Eyewitnesses

Hathras: CBI Arrives at Boolgarhi, to Talk with Casualty’s Family and Eyewitnesses

A CBI group on Tuesday arrived at the crime scene in the Hathras where the alleged assault on the 19-year-old Dalit young girl occurred that took her life a fortnight later. The federal group is examining the alleged sexual assault and murder cases.

A group of CBI authorities, including the Investigating Officer, showed up in Boolgarhi and visited the farm field, where the alleged assault on the Dalit young girl occurred on September 14 by four men belonging to the upper cast.

The police cordoned off the crime scene minutes before the appearance of the CBI group. As of now, it is almost 30 days since the severe assault occurred.

As indicated by the Central Bureau of Investigation authorities, the group will likewise recreate the crime scene and speak with the eyewitnesses present there on September 14.

Later, the group will moreover visit the home of the casualty to talk with the mother and brother to know precisely what occurred on the day, sources stated.

The CBI group, which has been exploring in Hathras over the last two days in the wake of filing the case, has gathered all the case related reports from the Uttar Pradesh Police.

The group has additionally gathered the medical records of the casualty

The CBI filed a case on Sunday under Sections 307 (attempt to kill), 376D (gang rape), 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, a day after it got a central notice given on a demand by the Uttar Pradesh government.

The case was assigned to the CBI by the Uttar Pradesh government after the alleged lack of care of the administration grew into a political tempest with Congress, Trinamool Congress, Aam Aadmi Party, and other opposition heads of the state from Rashtriya Lok Dal and Samajwadi Party arranged huge protests.

The office said that it had comprised a special group to investigate the case, which prompted the far and wide criticism of the state government after the casualty was quickly cremated by Hathras police on the intervening evening of September 29 to 30.

The young girl had passed away at a Delhi hospital on September 29, a day after she was taken to the Safdarjung medical clinic from the Aligarh Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College as her condition worsened.

She was taken to the Aligarh school following the assault and could just give police a statement after seven days.




source: with input from ians