1 dead, 9 hospitalised after eating poisoned mutton

July 11th, 2019

Ranchi : One person died and nine were hospitalised after they consumed poisoned mutton in Jharkhand’s Gumla district, police said on Thursday.

According to police, some people from Chapka Kathartoli village cooked a goat which had died after consuming pesticide on Wednesday night.

After consuming the poisoned mutton, more than 10 villagers started vomiting. They were taken to a hospital where one Jethu Oraon, 65, died.

The rest are being treated. The condition of three is critical, police said.

 

 

SOURCE : IANS